What is the most expensive gift? A precious gift you ever give to someone in your life, An iPhone, a diamond or maybe a BMW car? wrong, the most precious gift of — the gift of life, given by us to someone in the form of blood donation.
Why blood donation is Important?
blood donation made by us can save many lives. we realize this when our own family member struggles between life and death due to unprovide blood.
At this crucial time, we wake up from sleep and finding struggling to arrange blood for the patient. but unable to arrange blood and lost that person only for not providing blood at the time.
At this point, we know the Importance of blood donation.
Why Donate Blood?
A decision to donate blood can save a life or many persons who need it. someone says if you can’t make another person’s life better then you waste your time because of you thinking only for you, not for others.
Any one of us can be a victim of accident or illness. today all of us are a well-educated person. we have to think about own family, relatives, and society. so why not give your own support in this Sacred work of blood donation and giving life to others.
Many organizations like NACO, Indian Red Cross Society are trying to spread awareness about blood donation among people all over the country, but their efforts will be meaningful only when we come forward to donate blood and also to our friends and relatives to come forward for this Will inspire you.
According to World health organization standard, India needs one crore unit of blood annually but only 75 lakhs unit of blood is available. That is, about 25 lakhs unit die every year due to lack of blood.
Every year on 14 June, All countries around the world, celebrate World donor day. This day all countries salute to donor volunteers for their attempts of kindness.
Eligibility for Blood donation.
- Any healthy person who is between 18 to 60 years of age.
- The minimum weight of the person may be around 50 kg.
- The percentage of haemoglobin in the blood is more than 12 percent.
Who Can’t donate blood?
- Those people who are positive with HIV Aids test.
- Suffering from very serious diseases.
- That person who takes drugs by injection.
- The person who makes sexual relationships with many persons.
To know more about safe donation. Read this- Who Can Donate Blood?
How to Donate Blood(Gift of Life)
Be prepared before donating your blood
- You should have enough sleep and rest.
- Do not drink alcohol before 24hrs to donate.
- Make sure you have eaten, but also avoid fatty and oily food.
- Drink enough fluids, like juice and water.
Steps for donating blood
- You have to register yourself and honestly fill the donor registration form.
- A physician will measure your weight, what is your blood type and also check your haemoglobin level in blood.
- A physician may be asked some questions before taking your blood, you have to give Answer honestly.
- After this, the amount of blood to be taken (350cc-450cc) will depend on your blood pressure and weight.
- A 6 to 10 minutes rest and fluids like juice, water are necessary to take after donating blood.
Advantages of donating blood
By donating blood, we not only save the lives of others, but it is also very good for our health. Here you will learn the benefits of blood donation.
Where Can I donate blood?
You can easily donate blood at your nearby blood banks and organization that event blood donation camps.